Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

It's that time again. How much weight do I want to lose this year? What area of my house is in desperate need of organization? What amazing feat am I going to try to accomplish?

My Checklist for 2008... so far!
1. Loose the 10 pounds of "Newlywed weight"
It's that after life settles down from the wedding, your trying all of the new cooking gadgets and recipe books you got, and "hey there's a ring on my finger, why try?" weight that has got to come off!

2. Find a job that interests me. I am now part of the "I don't like my job" club that millions of people belong to. I just need to find something that maybe might interest me more and a little more money would always be nice.

3. Become frugal in order to save for a house. Apartment life has a few positives but the bulldog who does his cardio training and long jump training off of furniture ALL DAY LONG, lugging groceries up a flight of stairs, and paying large sums of money and not earning any ownership of the property can not last much longer.

Hopefully I might achieve one of these by the end of '08! Today we spent a relaxing day eating our black eyed peas, doing laundry, and of course watching every bowl game on TV!

Between my grandmother, my mother, and Paula Dean, I have enough training to create a festive and scrumptious meal! Blessings to all of you hopefully you will accomplish something on your resolution list this year!

5 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Please tell me your place settings are like that ONLY because it was a holiday!?! :) Wow - very pretty - and I am sure tasty - It was yet another year of no peas for my family - I keep forgetting...silly me.

Jill said...

What a pretty table. I would expect no less :) We can't wait!!! 10 days an counting...

Becca said...

Cute curtains!!!!

John and Mindy Pease said...

Lindsey,
How is my fellow newlywed doing? Got the card/picture! You are so creative. So I got a "GMail" email address just so I could be able to post messages on your blog.... So my message is,..... "I can't wait to read your next blog..." :) hint...hint... :)

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Waiting for the pics of your baby. :) Heard the news from Nanny today - ruff ruff! :) And the name is?