Matt did a great job this year on presents. We had said that this year we weren't going to spend a whole lot on each other but I guess I was the only one who played by the rules. Matt has been and still is dying for a Wii. After joining all of the Wii tracker sites and calling friends and family around the U.S. asking them to keep their eyes peeled for a Wii, the Burton household is still Wii-less. Since this truly is the only thing he wanted, I got him a few smaller presents with the understanding that we would buy a Wii whenever we can find one for $250 instead of $800 on eBay.
When I opened my presents I found this:
The purse I have been eyeing for years. The one that taunts me every time I walk through Dillard's. The purse that I could never justify spending that much money on. Finally I have it! Hmmm.....now I think i need the wallet to go with it!
Now, the purse was enough for me but then I open this:

A North Face Jacket. It is the softest jacket that is so warm and is not just your everyday Old Navy fleece haha!
Santa was very good to me this year but more than the presents, I could not be more thankful for the wonderful husband that God has blessed me with. We have so much fun everyday and I could not imagine what life would be like without him. I am also so thankful for the wonderful family I have. I love spending time my parents,sister, and niece and so does Matt. I also married into an amazing family that is so fun and loves God with all of their heart. I can't imagine being the type of person that chooses not to be close to their family. We try to talk on the phone and plan visits often with all of our family because they are all such a gift to us.
Our first Christmas together was busy, sometimes stressful, but we crammed in all of the memories we could!


1 comment:
This post is so sweet and join the Coach club sister-friend! :) Same color as mine - I have eyed yours in the bigger version in black too - but I am right there with you wanting the wallet...and perfume - and watch - and sunglasses, etc... :) HAHAHA My computer would not load the jacket pic - but I am glad you got a jacket you LOVE! :) Don't worry - when you decide to have kids - hopefully you might be able to ditch that job for a while! :) Or at least that would be a great goal! I love that you are a phone talker and doing that with Texans. :) The phone is really REALLY painful for me - :) I guess from too many calls in high school! :) HAHAHAHA
Post a Comment