Sunday, August 12, 2007

Honeymoon

Thanks to Matt's parent's we got to spend 5 amazing days in Cancun for our Honeymoon! It was my first time out of the country and probably Matt's 100th. My parents paid for us to stay in the beautiful grand Hyatt at DFW our first night so we just had to walk down the hall of our hotel to arrive at the terminal. We boarded the plane with the other 50 honeymooners and headed off to pure relaxation. I am such the unseasoned traveler so Matt just laughed at me when I said I was going to a different country. To him, Mexico is pretty much like traveling in the US. We stayed at the dreams resort and enjoyed five days of all included meals, drinks, and people there to serve your every need.

Our room had rose petals, heart shaped swans, and NASTY champagne waiting for us!

We loved trying all of the fun fruity drinks they make you!


They even put a cute sign on our door


We ventured out to the Mexican Market and got a Mexican painted plate priced $60 for $20. We probably should have kept bargaining....


Most of all, we loved spending time on the heavenly beaches just doing nothing but relaxing!


SO....this was an amazing way to wind down from the craziness of the wedding and start our lives together! I think we could handle this kind of vacation every year. I'm ready for a second honeymoon, please!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Yea! You updated it! I am so glad :) I hope to see pictures of your apartment soon. I love you both and miss you like crazy and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Talk to you soon!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

This is super! :) LOVE the pics...yeah...I am waiting for my second honeymoon too! :) heehee October will be 8 years of marriage for us and 17 years of putting up with each other...so, it is TIME to travel!!! :)

Unknown said...

I am so happy for ya'll. I can't wait to see ya'll. I hope the next time you are in town you call me so we can come up there to see you. My number is 254-742-2581...make sure to call!!! I am so sorry I couldn't come to ya'lls wedding but we had family in from out of town! I felt very bad. Anyways I hope the very best for the two of you and may God continue to bless you everyday! Stay in touch!