Thursday, February 4, 2010

Coleman "Cole" James

Well Cole is here and I still am terrible at blogging. He finally made his debut January 5th. This past month has been wonderful, exciting, and tiring all at the same time! He really is such a good baby and I am loving getting into a routine with him. I have a ton to catch up on but this post I'll put my birth story on here....

I was so ready to meet Cole by the time 2010 rolled around and was feeling very large by this time. My Mom flew in on New Years Day to try and make it before Cole arrived. Cole had measured large most of my pregnancy and in an attempt to avoid having a c-section, my doctor said he would probably not let me go longer that January 8th. On Monday the 4th I went to the doctor and was praying that he would agree to induce me this week! I was 38 weeks pregnant at this point. At my appointment I was already 3 cm dilated and was having some contractions so the doctor said he would induce me Thurs the 7th. I was so excited to finally have a date to meet Cole. When we left the doctor, my mom and I went out for a celebration lunch and started planning what needed to be done before Thursday. We went and ran a few errands and then headed home to rest. That night around 5 I started having contractions. I was sure they were fake because I had so many fake contractions over the weekend. By the time Matt got home from work around 7, they were still coming and getting closer together. I decided to just call the doctor and let him know. I was told that if in an hour they hadn't stopped to head to the hospital to get checked. The doctor prepared me that if I wasn't in active labor he would probably send me home to wait it out. We all headed to the hospital and I was so nervous that I would go in and they would send me home. By the time I got there my heart was racing so bad and I was just sure I wouldn't get to stay. After I was there for an hour, the nurse came in and said that they were going to let me stay and my doctor would be in shortly to break my water. I had already planned for an epidural so right after the doctor broke my water they came to put my epidural in. By midnight that night I was just waiting to dilate and meet Cole. By 5 the next morning I was 10 cm and ready to go. I pushed for 45 minutes and then we finally got to see the cutest baby ever! He was 8 lbs 1 oz and 19 in long.


First Picture... Cone-head and all!


First Family picture


Little Burrito in the hospital

He was absolutely perfect and after one night in the hospital we finally got to go home.

All Dressed and ready to go home!


Bundled up and ready to face the freezing temperature outside


I am doing these posts for my benefit so I won't forget all the details so I am going to break up the first few weeks into a few posts. Next up.... all of our family meeting Cole

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I was so excited to see your post! Congratulations on your precious baby boy! Glad to hear you are all settling in with your new family of three!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

One night? ONE NIGHT???? Are you kidding me???? Wow - you are HARD CORE GIRL! :) I am so proud of you...One night? Seriously? Hard core...

Becca said...

I can not believe you only had one night in the hospital! Baby Cole is just darling! You must update often so all of us Texas Folk can keep up with him. :)