About five years ago as an incoming freshman to college, I was faced with the huge decision of what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. As college drew closer, I had narrowed my choices down to teaching math or something in business. Math was always my stronger subject so I knew something in that field would be good. As college approached, I decided that after being born into a family of educators I would be different. I double majored in finance and management and found many of my classes interesting and did well in them. I had great visions of working in the corporate world and was looking forward to starting my career.
Now as I am in the working world and working for a large company, I STRONGLY DISLIKE IT to put it nicely. After working in a miserable situation for over a year I have decided to take charge and do something about it. I put in my two weeks and will be done this Wednesday at my current job. I am going to start studying to pass certification tests to TEACH MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH. Some people say "Are you crazy?" but I say I am so excited! The even more exciting part is I do not have to go back to school. Once I pass the certification test I will apply for the program at the local school district. If accepted, I will teach under a mentor for a year and then will be fully certified. Now I am in the process of finding a job to hold me over for this year until hopefully I get on with the school district. Please pray for me as well as Matt as go through these changes!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ahh...an educator you are...Not fight it, you must. Enjoy it, you will. Agree with the crazy, I do. Math and teenagers? Go bonkers I would...However, many MANY who say the same "crazy" to me when I desire to teach gifted kiddos, I know... :) Pray for you, we will...May the patience be with you young teacher in training...
Oh, I hope you love teaching!! You will be such a wonderful math teacher! I would definitely vote that teaching is much more fun than a career in finance!
Post a Comment