Sunday, October 21, 2007

Peachtree City Classic

Matt and I participated in our very first race yesterday, the Peachtree City Classic. There were about 1500 people running in the race so there were tons of people. We ran (or maybe some of us walked!) on the Chick-fil-a team. We got there bright and early in our matching shirts to enjoy breakfast. We both ran the 5k but there was a women's and men's race. We decided the 15k would be a little much. Matt did really well and finished 11th in his age group. I love having such an athletic husband. Me on the other hand..... well let's just say I was never much of a runner and have no desire to be. I bumped into one of our Sunday school teachers and the two of us power walked our way through the 5k. I had a blast doing my favorite thing, talking, and actually managed to burn a few calories. My favorite part was at the end eating the free Italian ice samples and the free fruit form Publix grocery. I think anything free is always exciting. Matt plans on training for the 15k next year but I will be just fine with walking the 5k.

Here we are all official with our numbers

These are the back of our shirts that all the Chick-fil-a employees and their families wore


These are the sweatshirts that we got for participating! haha
We had so much fun doing it together and look forward to next year's run( or walk ha!).

1 comment:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

These are always fun - aren't they? :) Steve and I have always done these in Denver, Dallas and now Reno...we just smile and the runners and stroll right along. :)